10 October 2008

Edmonton relatives

Two of Laolao's brothers live in Edmonton and they make a point of getting together a couple of times a month (when Laolao and Laoye are actually in Edmonton!). While we were there they came to our place once, we went to UnkaRock's place once, and once we met up at the restaurant where my cousin works.

UnkaKing: UnkaRock:
UnkaRock's wife, AuntieKay:
Their daughter, Angel (adopted from China 13 years ago at the age of 3):
Angel and Mustang, the two Chinese cousins (once-removed):
The only one of Laoye's side of the family who lives nearby is my Cousin Chief and his wife Chef and kids. Chief was always my favourite cousin when I was growing up. We'd visit his family on the farm in southern Alberta and he'd always have time for me (he's 10 years older than me). When he attended University in Edmonton and then married and settled down nearby, we stayed close. They visited me once when I lived in Winnipeg, but have yet to make it out east (hint, hint).

They live on an acreage just east of town. We met up with their oldest daughter, Ell, who is on her own in an apartment in Edmonton. Son Rusty was travelling in Europe at the time with his little sister Kay, so we missed seeing them.

Chief & Chef's house in the country:
Chief, Mustang, Button & Chef:

No comments: