31 October 2007

10 things I'm thankful for (2007-10-12)

Okay, so waiting sucks. In the meantime, since we just celebrated Thanksgiving, here is a list of things I’m thankful for.

  1. A beautiful daughter who laughs, plays hard, gives wonderful hugs, loves to dress up, and occasionally drives me crazy.
  2. A son that everyone thinks is a real handsome kid (watch out girls…!) and, it has been reported, has a very sweet personality. Just wish he were home already so I could verify the reports…
  3. All the friends I’ve made through adoption: singles, couples, older moms, young kids, Chinese people, Ethiopian people, people across Canada and even in other countries.
  4. My good friends Chuckles, L (what nickname would you like, L?), and KiwiGarden, who have been greatly supportive before, during, and after my adoption(s), and who are great friends of Giggles, too.
  5. My parents. Where would I be without them? Specifically: suppers on the table, a finished basement, home-sewn clothes and quilts and decorations, a deck, walks in the woods, fun at the playground with Giggles, a lovely house, and on and on.
  6. The opportunity to dream. A year in China? A year in Ethiopia? Travels across Canada? A home in the country? Snowbirding when I’m old and crotchety?
  7. The fact that I CAN go down 11 flights of stairs. (Thank you, rheumatologists and orthopaedic surgeons.)
  8. The colour green. Leaves, grass, new buds, fresh leaves, forests, clover, frogs, my favourite sweater, emeralds (not that I own any!), and all things living.
  9. Books. Fiction, non-fiction, Canadian, international, short stories, poetry, novels, historic, contemporary, emotional, about women, about men, about children, about animals (especially with a kid in the house!), about ideas and imagination.
  10. Music. I don’t play enough of it at home. It seems the house is too busy, the time to full, my attention elsewhere. Note to self: put a cd on when you get home tonight…

What are you thankful for?

No comments: