10 December 2008

The morning commute

Snowstorm...
transit strike...
school bus cancellation...

8:09 - Leave home (school starts at 8:00).
8:12 - Drop kids off at school.
8:16 - Leave school parking lot.

About five blocks from home (have to backtrack past the neighbourhood on my way to work):

Okay, this isn't going so well. Turn off my regular route and take an alternate.

About half-way to work:

This is still slow going but at least I'm moving!! Finally the building is in sight:

Whew! Made it!
(Most mornings it takes half an hour from house door to sitting at my desk...)

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Glad to see you are getting lots of use out of that new digital camera! The pictures are nice and clear!

Playful Platypus said...

Thanks, Danielle! There are still lots of camera functions that I have yet to investigate, but for basic picture-taking I'm doing fine.

Yes, most of the pictures are nice and clear - and I sure like the fact that I can delete the ones that aren't so great, and let Button go wild with taking pictures (seeing as he likes pressing buttons so much!!) and not waste tons of money as a result.

We're on holidays next week (nowhere as nice as Bermuda!) and I hope to have time to learn more about what the camera can do.