12 November 2008

New sleeping arrangements

I have my bed back!!!!

And not just my bed, but my whole room!!

This is an instance of bad turning to good. It all started like this: About a week ago, we were heading to bed (a bit late) and Button – who has been sharing the bed with me pretty much since we got back from Ethiopia ten months ago - got ticked off about something I don’t recall. He went into the other (so-called “kids” bedroom), climbed up to the top bunk, and wouldn’t come down.

He fell asleep there; Mustang & I covered him with a blanket (not entirely necessary as he was almost buried in stuffies!) and left him there. He slept there all night. In the morning, I exclaimed over his spending the night there and commented, “Well, it is your bed after all.” He required an explanation. “That’s your bed” – pointing to the top bunk – “and Mustang’s bed goes here and she will sleep here” – pointing to where her bed is supposed to be.

He was excited and said he wanted to sleep in the top bunk all the time!!! So Mustang got into the action and exclaimed that we should move her bed there RIGHT AWAY and she would sleep on the bottom!!! They would have their OWN ROOM!!

Well, we didn’t move the bed right away, but seeing as she was still keen after school, we moved it after supper. They were both so excited it took them a while to get to bed, but both kids slept in their OWN beds in their OWN room ALL NIGHT!! And most (well, over half) of the nights since.

Miracles do happen.

No comments: