19 November 2008

Busy on all fronts

It’s a busy week at work. For the first month after I got back I didn’t have a lot to do, but on Monday I got to work and discovered I had one week to complete a process (preparation of a document) that normally takes six weeks to do properly. So it’s been hectic. Today shouldn’t be too bad, but I expect I’ll be at work late tomorrow and probably Friday, too. Hope I won’t have to go in on the weekend.

The kids’ gymnastics is done, so that gives us one more night a week that’s “free.” Mustang still has horse riding lessons on Tuesdays for three more weeks, and Button has another two sessions of swimming lessons (Laolao or Loaye take him to these in mid-afternoon).

And just 11 days until Advent starts!! I started planning for Advent and Christmas at the beginning of October, when it still seemed so far away. But good thing I did! With a week and a half to go, there are still many preparations to be done – but it’s well in hand and all the prezzie projects are, if not done, then underway. Seeing as Advent stretches for almost four weeks, there is time yet to complete the projects and preparations that come up closer to Christmas. Mustang and Button have finished their prezzie projects for our friends and are over half done their big project for Laolao and Laoye. We spend an hour or two every Saturday morning up in the sewing room working on it. (I won’t say what it is because Laolao might be reading!! But after Christmas I’ll post pix of the various projects.)

On the church front, the Ten Thousand Villages sales are half over. We’ve been having a good year – the best first weekend we’ve ever had (by $10,000!!) and an equally good second weekend. Economic downturn? Not for these shoppers!! I’m helping with the Sunday School pageant, so am busy Sunday mornings leading kids’ rehearsals. Thankfully I have only one more Sunday that I have to teach Sunday School, which will give me more time for the pageant.

Button is adjusting to me being back at work. I’m sure it helps that Laolao and Laoye are here. The temper tantrums and sulks are much less frequent, making life easier for me and Mustang both.

So life just ticks along…

P.S. Tomorrow Mustang has her first appointment with the psychologist to complete the psycho-educational assessment. I'm hoping it goes well.

No comments: