06 November 2008

Best buddies united

I finally got my latest two rolls of film developed. Dating from early August (still out west) until late October.

Rather than deluge you with pictures now – and because who knows when I’ll get the next film(s) developed!! – I’m going to spread these out over the next several weeks. So you’ll be getting a bit of history mixed in with the current affairs.

As mentioned before, we visited a couple of Button’s Ethiopian friends during our summer holiday out west. I just got the film with our second visit developed, so here are a few pictures of our visit with Jay’s family.





Jay was Button’s bunkmate back at the Transition House, and one of his best friends, so I'd been planning a visit ever since I discovered jay was heading out west. The boys definitely recognized each other, but I was a little bit surprised that they didn’t start playing together right away – not quite the same “buzz” as when we visited Kenean’s family. It took a bit of an “easing in” time.

On the other hand, I wasn’t totally surprised as the boys hadn’t seen each other for seven months, which is a long time when you’re five years old. Jay joined his family in April or May, so he was still at an early stage of learning English and adjusting to his family. But he didn’t seem to be having any problems, and his mom said he was very eager to see Gutton again!

2 comments:

Corrie said...

We love reading about your adventures and seeing pictures of your children. Fikru was very happy to see his roommates playing together in the recent photos.

Playful Platypus said...

Corrie, would love to be invited to read your blog! (playfulplatypus@yahoo.ca)

Good to hear from you. I remember Fikru and was pleased to hear from Justine this summer that he had found a forever home, too. Is he home with you already?!!?