22 December 2007

New posts from Ethiopia

Hello all ! Below you will find six posts for the first week of our Ethiopia adventure. I tried posting on Wednesday, at Gondar, but couldn't access blogspot (as expected) and the computer I was using didn't have MS Word so I couldn't open my files to post via e-mail. I treid sending the files to a friend who has access to my blog, but didn't quite remember her e-mail address. Today in Lalibela the computer does have Word so I am attempting to post via e-mail. I hope it works!
 
Internet here costs 1 birr a minute, which is about 11 cents. So it works out to $6.60 an hour. That's not too bad when one is a tourist and just wants to use the net for e-mail from time to time, but if one lived here and wanted to do any surfing or browsing, it could get very expensive, especially as the connections are slow.
 
In a half hour or less we are on our way to the airport to fly back to Addis, where we will spend the next three days, celebrating Christmas with some new friends on the 23rd and on our own (I think) on the 25th. Then off for another tour before turning our attention to family building.
 
Read and enjoy!


Instant message from any web browser! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger for the Web BETA

No comments: