21 May 2010

Double-digit kid!

Happy birthday Mustang!


We celebrated her TENTH birthday today! Can you believe it? My girl is 10!!!!!!!

She woke up before the alarm rang this morning, eager to head downstairs and see the two little presents I said I’d set out at breakfast (for both her and Button, whose birthday comes in a mere six days…). She climbed into bed beside me until the radio came on and I said she could wake her brother and go check out the prezzies: one from me (a Littlest Pet Shop critter) and one from Lovely (a ball thrower with some balls).

Nanny had baked cupcakes yesterday, at my request, so I drove the kids to school so we could carry the two huge containers into the classroom easily. Today was Jump Rope for Heart day at their school, so they had that as well as cupcakes (in Mustang’s classroom) to look forward to.

Our friend Giggles said she’d come over this evening after supper and bring Mustang her present, so there’s that to look forward to. We won’t do anything much else special, as Lovely has her training session tonight from 8-9.

Tomorrow will be the big party day – each kid invited three friends and I’ve spent the past week getting things organized. (Didn’t really start thinking of what to do until Monday, so it’s come together in short order!) It’s a joint Littlest Pet Shop-Pokemon themed party. Having a theme always helps! Kids have been helpful in getting things organized – and I decided to purchase a cake – though not the fancy custom-decorated one, just a regular $10 Happy Birthday variety.

Mustang at 7

Mustang at 8

Mustang at 9

and Mustang at 10!!!

No comments: