22 July 2009

Fox!

Last Sunday afternoon, the kids, our friend Chuckles, and I were on our way to the playground when we saw the fox that lives in our little urban forest sitting in the meadow. Actually, the kids and Chuckles were the first to spot two foxes, but by the time I came along a few minutes later the larger one – presumably the male – had run into the forest. But the smaller one remained, relaxing in the meadow for a while longer (we think it was the female owing to smaller size). Chuckles biked to the house to get my camera for me, and I got several pretty good shots. We’d approach it, then I’d snap a few pictures; then we’d take a few more steps forward and I’d snap a few more, until it got uncomfortable with how close we were and moved away. This happened twice before it, too, melted into the forest.





This was only the second time I have ever seen the fox, and the first time was just a quick glimpse. It was so neat to get a really good look at it, not to mention some pretty cool pictures. (I particularly like the one of it stretching!)

No comments: