07 March 2008

More Ethiopia pix

These pictures are from a second, wide-angle camera for which I just had the film developed a couple of weeks ago (after the other films).

One of the buildings at the Transition House, with photo of children on the wall. (Poppet is one of the kids in the picture.)

Children at the orphanage in Adama.
Note that there are many older children here.

Bole road streetscape.

Lunch at the home of a Meserete Kristos Church pastor.



A volcanic lake near Debre Zayit.
We had to climb a ways to get to the top of the crater
.


Giggles and Poppet at the playground of a restaurant
near the summit of Mount Entoto
.



A disabled weaver. Our friend J took us to this workshop, where we purchased several lovely woolen rugs for a very good price. I bought a rug appx 1.5 x 2 metres for just $45.


The inside of an Ethiopian kitchen. This was an "institutional" kitchen, at the Meserete Kristos College, so larger than most, but similarly equipped.
(3 pictures)







1 comment:

Danielle said...

I love those big Injera cookers! I'll have to see if I can fit one to bring home in my suitcase! LOL!